The School Council
The School Council is made up of a councillor and a deputy from each class. At the beginning of the Spring term the children who were interested in becoming class councillors gave a personal presentation to their classes describing how their individual qualities and characteristics made them suitable for the role. Each class then held a democratic election to appoint their chosen representatives. The council meets on a half termly basis.
These are the elected councillors and deputies for 2021 – 2022:
Robins Green: Yousuf I and Razane E
Robins Blue: Zayd P and Ricards K
Woodpeckers: Ahmad U and Shurayh M
Kingfishers: Anayah P and Sakina S
Swallows: Adam M and Shan A
Doves: Alisha S and M. Imran S
Owls: M. Haseeb M and Bayane E
Kestrels: Alishah K and Aisha S
Hawks: Zara A and Owais K
Falcons: Maariya D and Ayesha H
Eagles: Faris A and Zara C
At our second meeting, Faris was elected Chairperson and Zara and Mohammad Haseeb were elected to share the role of Secretary.
What is the School Council?
- an inclusive, structured forum for discussion and decision-making
- a means for children to raise issues and make suggestions
- a way of consulting all pupils in our school
Why have a School Council?
- to give all children a say in how our school is run
- to help children develop responsible attitudes
- to develop pupil/teacher relationships
- to encourage a sense of commitment and working towards common goals
What are the responsibilities of a School Councillor?
- to represent their class in meetings
- to pass on comments, questions or information from their class to the council
- to set a good example for other children in the school
- to be a great ambassador for our school
Minutes of Meetings
The secretaries take minutes of the meetings and a copy of these are given to all classes for the councillors to share with their classmates and classroom staff. Mr Rogers, Mrs Martin, Mrs Fenton, Mrs Higgins, Mrs Patel and Mrs Rhodes also get copies of them.
Our Priorities for the Year
- to try and secure new playtime equipment for the school
- to explore the feasibility of reintroducing some lunchtime clubs
- to discuss more themed lunchtime clubs
- to find about about local charities that we could fund raise for
You can read about how we're getting on with the above points and with any other issues that have arisen from our meetings by checking back on this page regularly.